Chemtools Industrial grade Methylated Spirits (Metho) is a multipurpose solvent which is widely used in many industries.
Some of the uses include:
- It is a great solvent for thinning paints
- It is great for cleaning paint brushes instead of using fossil based solvents
- It is great as a general metal cleaner
- It is widely used in electronics as a general purpose cleaner
- It is used to clean DVD/CD lenses - It's great as a glass cleaner! If you're going to use it in hot conditions, dilute it with water.
- In fuel stoves, it burns cleanly and you can hardly see the flame
- It can be used as a cleaner, it will effectively clean ink stains from upholstery and clothes
- It will remove permanent marker from pvc plastics
Names for methylated spirits around the world
In the UK, Australia, and New Zealand, metho is called methylated spirits. In the US and Canada its called denatured alcohol, methyl hydrate*pure methanol, or fondue fuel.
In Europe, it may be called spirits, brennspirits (Germany), alcool a bruler (France), or alcool etilico denaturato (Italy).